Thursday, February 4, 2010

Paying it forward Pt. 1

For the next couple weeks we are going to be writing about some awesome young teens that did some amazing work to help Kicks4Kenya. These are amazing young people acted completely selfless to help out less fortunate children in Kenya.

The first person in our series is Jared Nozick.



Jared is an 8th grader at Robert Frost Middle School in Maryland. I was contacted last fall by Jared about him wanting to raise money for Kicks4Kenya through his upcoming bar mitzvah. I was impressed to say the least that at such a young age someone wanted to do something like that for kids he will probably never meet. Here is what Jared had to say about his efforts:

What lead you to want to do something like this?
I was lead into doing this because I loved soccer and I was fortunate enough to have equipment and I thought I was very lucky. I then realized some kids weren't as fortunate so I decided to try to find a soccer organization to donate to.




What did your friends think of you doing something for people you have never met?
My friends thought it was really cool I was doing something for others when they knew I loved soccer so much



What did you learn the most out of the experience?
I learned most that it feels really good to do something for someone else




What has sports meant to you that you wanted to return the favor to less fortunate children?
sports has meant so much to me because it gave me something do when I'm bored and something to have a passion for. when I play soccer it makes me really happy and throughout my journey I have made so many new friends. I love the gamee



Do you believe you will go to Africa one day?
I hope to go to africa one day but im really not sure




Thanks to Jared's efforts 25 balls and pumps were sent to Maru, Kenya for the beginning stages of a new soccer program at their local school. Also within the next few weeks his donations will help send 45 sets of soccer equipment over to fully equip two teams.

From all of us at Kicks4Kenya we cannot say thank you enough for all that you have done! Your an amazing person and I know that we are all proud and your parents are very proud! Keep up the great work and we know that great things are in store for you in the future!

K4K OUT

No comments: